Lately the weather here at Drum has been heavenly! On average our high is somewhere around 74 on a daily basis! With such great weather, we have been spending a lot of time outside and I've been taking advantage of Aydanator's nap time to look for jobs and catch up on housework. So, that doesn't leave much time to prep and prepare big, elaborate meals. This is why God created Crock Pot's. Seriously.
I love chili, especially on rainy or cold days. While it's not your typical summer meal, it's definitely a good meal on a busy day! Browsing the web for something so simple sure did turn up a few very complicated recipes! So, I'm happy to share my very simple recipe with y'all and I hope you'll enjoy it! Enjoy!
Super Simple Chili
- 2 - Cans Black Beans (Use what ever combination of beans you like best!)
- 1 - 26.46 oz Box of Pomi Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 - 26.46 oz Box of Pomi Pureed Tomatoes
- 2 - Pouches of McCormick Chili Seasoning (Store brand works just as well!)
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 - Medium Onion Diced
- 6 Cloves of Garlic Crushed and finely chopped
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Chives
Brown your ground beef and sautee the onions and garlic until the onions are slightly brown and translucent.