Monday, August 8, 2011

And we're back...

After a successful Florida trip followed by a very busy weekend filled with family reunions and beach trips, we are home and back in action! We had a great time visiting with family and friends and as my one of my new favorite friends, Nicole and I were talking about, the sun really does shine a little brighter in the sunshine state. You really never know what you have until it's gone, I miss my home terribly. I was very lucky to grow up in such a gorgeous state, go to amazing public schools (Go Titans!) and have the beach and Disney World at my disposal. That said, it really is good to be home and settling back into our routine. One day, my heart will wander back to Florida, one day.

We got back Friday night and Aydan went straight to bed, the little booger has decided that sleeping anywhere but his crib is just not acceptable, so we were rather exhausted. First thing Saturday morning we headed to Augusta for Bryan's family reunion and then straight to Hilton Head from there for a night at the beach. Whew! We had a great time but I'm glad it's over.

Bryan is back to work after some time off and I'm hoping we have some answers on all this reenlistment and PCS crap soon. One of my dearest friends is PCS'ing this month and this will be my first time saying goodbye to such a good Army family. I guess I've escaped it long enough. She has been such a dear friend, definitely the type of person that would do anything for you, even at 2 AM. It will be hard to say goodbye but I know that we will stay in touch.

Speaking of staying in touch, a few weeks ago I had a table at work that was made up of 4 women in their mid-thirties. They had been friends for 10 years, before they ever had kids, husbands and mortgage payments. One of them had kicked breast cancers butt by the time she was 31 and another had miscarriage that resulted in a D and C  gone wrong thus resulting in a total bowel reconstruction. They had been through so much together and distance was never going to keep them apart. It was heartwarming and I take comfort in knowing that I have friends that I know for a fact will be sitting at a dinner table with me, somewhere in this crazy world 10 years from know and for that reason, saying "see ya later" to such a sweet friend is a little bit easier. Oh and did I mention that these ladies wore their scars with bride?! Flaunt your battle scars, girls, they make you stronger, only you can make yourself weak.

So, I'm back and unfortunately, life and laundry followed me here. However, I'm so happy to have my little family back together and hopefully looking forward to some good news! Fingers crossed for orders to Fort Campbell SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment