Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kudos to the working mom!

Whether you want to admit it or not, being a mother is hard work and it is a job in it's self. Since Aydan was born, I have worked two days a week and been so lucky that I make sufficent income in those two days which allows me to enjoy my time with Aydan and for us to hardly pay anything for childcare. Score!

I was recently asked to help out with our catering department for a week while someone was out of town, of course I said yes. What I did not realize, is that I said yes to working 55 hours the week before a very special first birthday. Oh my! Needless to say, I will survive and I have already gained a tremendous amount of respect for the working mother. Waking up, getting ready while a little one runs around wanting attention getting said little one ready to go to the babysitter's, dropping little one off, stopping to get your Starbucks drink of choice and a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin and finally you arrive at work only to prepare for the latter portion of your day. Leave work, pick up little one, get home, plan/prepare dinner, eat, pass out. OH. MY. GOSH. Oh, and somehow you are supposed to keep up with appointments and playdates in the midst of all of that?! I actually had to reschedule Aydan's physical therapy appointment, which was really upsetting for me, we never miss an appointment. Oh well.

I have so much respect for those "Super, Super Moms," you go, girls!

Aydan loves going to his babysitter, he usually only goes about 6 hours a week, since Bryan is able to watch him the other times but he just loves to play with the big kids, so this week is an extra treat for him.

I also managed to get his birthday presents bought and wrapped this past weekend. I really just need to plan a menu, which is actually proving to be somewhat difficult. I really just need finger foods that don't require reheating. Any good finger food recipes? So far, I've got PB&J Sushi (thank you Pinterest), Monster Fruit Salad, spinach and artichoke dip, chips and of course, cake! I am trying to make it adult friendly as well as kid friendly, we have quite a few of our very sweet adult friends coming, which really just warms my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment