Monday, March 19, 2012

Letters to a toddler...

When Aydan was six-months old, I began writing him emails. He has his own email address that we use exclusively for this reason. It has most definitely served as a great opportunity for me to reflect on this journey called motherhood that goes by way too fast. I haven't decided when I will share his emails with him, but I do know that my true, raw emotions will be there for him, in black and white, if he would like to read them.

I often wonder if he will find them way too sappy or if he will truly enjoy them. Either way, they are there. I encourage you to write your child a note, email, letter, whatever. Pour your heart out and embrace your lovey, mommy emotions!


May 14, 2011
Subject: Dear Aydan,

Dear Aydan,

You are six-months old and quite the character. A smile is almost always on your face, you are an incredible, happy baby. I am so blessed to have you in my life and I feel so honored to be your mother. You recently learned how to sit unsupported, although you would rather just roll all over the place. You can make anyone and I mean anyone smile, you also have a laugh that is contagious. You love bananas and Mum-Mum rice snacks. We are coming up on my first Mother's day and I am just so overwhelmed with joy, you are perfect, I could not ask for a better son.

We currently live in Savannah, your dad is stationed here at Fort Stewart, it seems like we may be moving within a year, but the military life is somewhat unpredictable. Our house is quite nice, your room is blue with safari themed animals. You are such a great baby, you sleep so well in your crib! 

I love you more than words can express, your smile melts my heart. Today as I was wiping the banana off of your face, you took the wash cloth from me and proceeded to wipe my face. I can see this loving, caring spirit inside of you already, you are already so admirable. You know no evil and see the good in everyone. I am so in love with you, little man. While I can't wait to see who you become and what you aspire to do, I am enjoying every moment watching you grow. 

All my love,

Momma

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved that you've done this and I know that Aydan will love it and so will his future wife one day!

    ReplyDelete