Wednesday, July 27, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 4 - A Song That Makes You Sad

Alan Jackson - Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning




For obvious reasons, this song really touches my heart and also makes me sad. I will never understand how some people can have so much hate in their heart. September 11, 2001 was by far, the most tragic day this country has faced in my lifetime. I remember that day very vividly, my mom was taking me to school when the first tower was hit and we thought it was an accident. That evening we went home and called all of our friends and family scattered across the country to make sure they were okay. I hate that day and what happened, but I am proud of the way my country stood up and stayed strong and the unity that was apparent after that horrific day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment