Thursday, July 28, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 5 - A Song That Reminds You of Someone

Matthew West - Save a Place for Me




When I first heard this song, I was in a different CD and scanning through the radio searching for some decent music. When I heard the opening chorus, it really caught my attention. I lost my Grandfather in December of last year, two days before Christmas, actually. This song reminds me of him and the feelings associated with his passing. My Grandpa was not only a grandparent, but he was very much of a father figure for me, having never grown up with a father in my life, he was a very important man in my life. I have faced many different emotions associated with him being gone, I have missed him and wished for just one more hug and I have been angry, I've also really tried hard to understand how someone could be here one minute and gone the next...this song basically sums it all up for me. I miss him immensely, but I know that one day we will be together again and it will be as if no time has passed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment