Sunday, July 24, 2011

Nine Months Old

So, I am a bit late (things have been beyond hectic), however, as of July 14th I am the mother of a nine-month-old. Whoa! How did that even happen? This was a hard one and I didn't expect it to be, when I got the "Your Baby is 41 weeks Old!" email, I sobbed. I was only pregnant for 39 weeks, that means he has officially been on this big, crazy world longer than he was snug in my womb. The emotions are insane, it's hard not to sob as I write this even. For the most part, I love watching him grow into such an amazing little boy, I really do, but there will always be those moments where I just wonder where my baby went off to. I have never felt a love like this, it is the most powerful, amazing feeling in the world. Today, at the dinner table, I was just in awe of my little family. I looked at Bryan and then at Aydan and all I could do was thing about how he was so much a part of both of us and a reflection of our love for each other and for that, my love for my husband takes on so much more meaning than it did 41 weeks ago. Just when you think you really love someone, something, or someone, comes along and magnifies it even more. I am beyond blessed.

Aydan is doing fabulously, by the way! He is consistently improving with his physical therapy and I have grown to really remember that every baby is different and every baby learns at their own pace. That said, I have also grown to hate those stupid milestone charts! Aydan is actually right on track yet he still goes at his own pace, it's hard to explain. The torticollis holds him back, but it doesn't. I am just glad that his case is minor compared to others and we are fortunate enough to have wonderful insurance, his therapy has yet to cost us a dime. He is crawling and pulling himself up, but he only pulls himself up the most dangerous of places, such as the bathtub or the sharpest corner he can find. I'm assuming it's more fun that way. He says "Mama, Dada, bah-bah (bye-bye) and nigh-nigh (night-night)." He can also wave. He's pretty awesome.

Aydan and I are actually headed down to Florida a week from today. I am beyond excited, it is long overdue. We will be visiting with family and wonderful friends. Also, I am getting my hair done to tomorrow for the first time in longer than I am willing to admit! I am so pumped, I NEED this almost as much as I need that Florida trip. Yay for girly time!

And while we are on the topic of sobbing...





This song brings an amazing, happy tear to my eye every time I hear it. It reminds me so much of sweet boy. Weird, I know. It has nothing to do with sweet baby boys. It was the song that played on our way to the hospital to go have Aydan. For some reason, this was the "Oh my gosh, this is it!" song for me. I loved being pregnant but I looked forward to the moment that I got to meet my beautiful boy. This song played and I felt amazing, my body was amazing for growing this baby boy that I was so close to meeting. The song just put it into perspective for me. Less than 24 hours after that song played, I did meet my sweet boy and he was more than amazing. Probably not what the writers had in mind when they wrote the song but it will always hold a special place in my heart.

And just because...


Aydan Lee Chandler James - October 14, 2010 - 7lbs 11oz 19 1/4 inches long

No comments:

Post a Comment