Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Sad Truth

The sad truth is that I tend to find myself really disappointed with some of my fellow military spouses lately. I would definitely describe myself as easy-going and open-minded, even if I don't agree with someone's opinion, I often find myself respecting them for simply having an opinion and owning up to it. I have dabbled around on different "Army Wife" type forums off and on since Bryan and I got married, at first it was a great way for me to get to learn more about the Army lifestyle and possibly make a few friends along the way. While I have "met" some wonderful women, some of which I admire more than I can say, others that I feel like I have built a great bond with, there are those few that just leave me shaking my head with my jaw on the floor. If it's not one thing it's another. Oh, where do I even begin...

I guess I will start with the disappointing fact that some of these women speak/type as if they have no more than a fifth grade education. I shouldn't have to decode someone's text, at least I really don't want to. Not only do these women avoid use of proper punctuation or use two '&' symbols (&&) instead of the normal one. The spelling, the made up abbreviations, it all just leaves me scratching my head. I don't get it.

I also don't get how some women can take someone's statement and completely turn it into something it's not to seemingly cause unnecessary drama. I'm all about a friendly debate, but i get really aggravated and annoyed when someone just refuses to be wrong or simply can't accept that someone doesn't agree with them. I'm really just over it.

I do know that these traits are not specific to military spouses, however, it saddens me that my fellow military spouses would carry themselves in such a way that leaves me wondering if they made it out of high school or the fact that some of them treat others like trash and can't stand the fact that not everything is about "winning" or being right.

I am proud to say that I do not think this is the majority. At the end of the day, I know that I have surrounded myself with an amazing group of military spouses. We are strong, courageous women. I have made some of my best friends through the Army, some of which I will soon say "see you later" to and some of which I hope to welcome into my daily life really soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is so unbelievably true! I feel that way alot of the time on those military wife forums and pages. Its sad with all the drama, and ignorance. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete